Tired of the typical summer picnic fare? Try these twists on the classic Deviled Egg… just don’t tell your mother that you’re no longer using her recipe. 😉 Check out our instagram video here.
Deviled Eggs 6 Ways
Base Filling Recipe
- 24 extra large eggs
- 10 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Half & Half
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
Place eggs in pot (single layer) and cover with water and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and cover for 12 minutes. Remove eggs, crack one at a time and start to peel under cool running water. Gently dry them with a paper towel, then slice in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and place whites on a large serving platter. Mash the yolks and add mayonnaise, Half & Half, dijon mustard, salt, and mix well. Scoop into a piping bag with a tip of your choosing. Then start to prepare your toppings…
- Classic Smoked Paprika and Micro Greens
- Fill egg white, then sprinkle with paprika and add micro greens.
- Pickled Jalapeños, Topped with Fresh Jalapeño
- Place pickled jalapeños in the egg white, then filled with yolk mixture, then placed fresh jalapeño slice on top.
- Smoked Blue Cheese with Black Pepper and Parsley
- Fill egg white, then add piece of cheese, sprinkle with black pepper and parsley.
- Smoked Salmon, Fresh Dill and Capers
- Fill egg white, then add small piece of salmon, sprig of dill and a few capers .
- Horseradish, Bacon and Chive
- Add a piece size amount of horseradish to egg white bottom, then fill with yolk mixture, add piece of bacon and chive.
- Truffle Oil and Shaved Parmesan
- Fill egg white, then add shaved parmesan and drizzle with truffle oil.