Happy Friday Eve! Our warm fondue is the ultimate girls night appetizer to serve with toasted bread and some red wine. Dig in!
Warm White Bean Parmesan Pesto Fondue
- 1 15 oz can organic white beans
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 3 tbsp half and half
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tbsp high quality prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
Drain and rinse beans. Add beans, olive oil, and minced garlic clove to a medium sized sauce pan on medium low heat. Stir continuously until approximately half of the beans have become purée. Add lemon juice, red pepper, milk, half and half, and Parmesan cheese. Stir until combined. Add pesto and fresh basil. Taste for seasoning. Top with drizzled olive oil, pesto, and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. Serve hot with your choice of toasted bread or crackers. Enjoy!