These were supposed to be a ‘snack,’ 🤷🏼♀️ but they were so good we made a meal out of them! Find our Chorizo Stuffed Mushroom 🍄 recipe on the blog now!
- 20-25 Baby Bella Mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 lb raw chorizo sausage casings removed
- 3 tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup fire roasted tomatoes packed in olive oil - purée
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tbsp panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Add the sausage, panko, half & half, garlic, shallot, oregano, tomato purée, parsley, basil, and Parmesan to a large mixing bowl. Hand mix until well combined. Roll a small sample meatball and microwave for 30 seconds to tase for seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the stems from the mushrooms and arrange in a large baking dish. Fill each mushroom with sausage stuffing. Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on the size. Remove from the oven when the mushrooms are soft and the stuffing is golden brown. Garnish with a sprinkling of grated Parmesan and fresh basil. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3347kcal Calories from fat 2675|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 297g||457%|
|Saturated Fat 89g||445%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|