Our exclusive Williams and Sonoma Event salad recipe:
Pear & Brussel Sprout Salad with White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1, 2 lb bag of brussel sprouts, shaved
- 2-3 large pears (approximately 2 cups), diced
- 1 tbsp shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 3/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- smoked blue cheese, crumbled
- White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Williams Sonoma White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Williams Sonoma Tyler Florence Test Kitchen Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
salt to taste
First prepare toppings: crisp prosciutto in large pan with 2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat as you would bacon. Then toast pine nuts – add pine nuts to a dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until golden in spots, about 3-5 minutes.
Then shave brussel sprouts, dice pear, mince shallot and chop thyme and combine in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl whisk together vinaigrette ingredients listed above. Add salt to taste.
Pour over salad and toss. Top with crispy prosciutto, pine nuts and blue cheese. Enjoy!